Berlin, 18th March 2019: German Autolabs, the Berlin-based startup behind Chris, the world’s first voice AI enabled digital assistant for in-car usage, is pleased to announce its availability on Amazon for £299. Chris is initially available for Android users with an iOS compatible version due to be released later in 2019. Elegant, smart and safe, regardless of age and model, Chris can be retrofitted to any car with a state-of-the-art, voice-controlled infotainment system.
Millions of drivers want to stay connected to their digital life on the road, but using smartphones and handheld devices has made this largely unsafe and has increased distracted driving-related accidents. Chris is an elegantly designed device, a recent winner of the iF Design Award 2019, which can integrate with any car on the road - no matter the age and model. Installation is easy: Chris is attached to the glass and paired with the phone via Bluetooth whilst the smart device displays the relevant information on a round colour display. And best of all, the voice control system by Chris works differently from smartphone assistants even offline, i.e. without an Internet connection.
Chris supports the driver like a real passenger. Answer a WhatsApp message, start navigation, answer a call, or change music - Chris does it all thanks to intuitive voice control. Simple gestures complete the operation: it only takes a few seconds to skip songs or navigate through navigation destinations. The most important apps and services are now available while driving: WhatsApp and SMS messaging, voice-controlled navigation with worldwide maps, convenient hands-free and wireless music playback from the phone.
● Proactive voice assistant with gesture control for motorists
● Premium Design device with a high-quality aluminum ring and color display
● Works in any vehicle / regardless of age and model
● Understands and speaks English and German
● Also works offline, without an internet connection
● Free updates and new features included
● £299 from chris.com and Amazon.
● Messaging: send & receive via WhatsApp and SMS
● Navigation: voice assisted turn-by-turn navigation, lifetime world maps from over 100 countries (free updates)
● Calls: hands-free calling, voice-activated address book, and recent calls
● Music: music from your smartphone
Additional functions and services are continually being expanded and automatically updated via the Chris app.
● Size (excl. mount): 9.0 x 9.0 x 4.4 cm
● Weight: 250 g
● 2.1 '' TFT LCD color display
● Built-in voice-optimized speaker
● Voice-optimized microphone array
● 5 microphones with beamforming technology
● High-resolution gesture sensor
● Li-Ion battery 1-week battery life (standby), 1h (operation)
● Bluetooth 4.2 + BLE
● Connections: Micro USB (power)
● Chris needs a Bluetooth-enabled smartphone
● Android 7.1.1 „Nougat“ or higher
● 12V socket (cigarette lighter) or USB port to connect Chris
● Online connection for full functionality (core features work also offline)
Chris voice recognition in most cases does not require a mobile data connection, so no data is consumed. Full functionality requires an internet connection.
Chris is approved for usage in all cars and is produced by ISO certified manufacturers.
● 1 x Chris
● 1 x suction cup mount
● 6 x cable holder
● 1 x 3,6m Micro USB cable
● 1 x 12V dual USB charger
● 1 x quick start guide
Press kit to download (images, press release): https://assets.germanautolabs.com/press/EN-Press_Kit_Chris.zip
Video files to download: https://assets.germanautolabs.com/press/EN-Videos_Chris.zip
Videos to embed: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCvCq1Bc7QpVnpjxjeja2Dw/videos